Semester examinations are conducted in three splits as per TNAU rules.
i) Mid Semester Examination:
- Writing the mid-semester examination is a pre -requisite for writing the final theory and practical examinations.
- Mid semester is the internal component which will be conducted on 52nd day form the commencement of the semester
- The mid semester examinations are to be conducted in the regular classes. Students failing to write mid-semester examination, will not be permitted to attend the classes further in the course concerned and the student will be awarded 'E' grade.
- A student who fails to attend a mid-semester examination due to unavoidable circumstances shall be permitted with prior approval of the Dean to take up missing examination of the particular course, subject to payment of Rs.800/- for each missing mid-semester examination. Attendance will not be given for taking up missing examinations. The missing examinations are allowed only for mid-semester examinations and not for final theory and practical examinations.
ii) Practical Examination:
- The practical examination is to be conducted on the last practical class.
- Submission of bona fide practical records certified by the Course Teacher is a pre-requisite for appearing in the practical examinations failing which ‘ F’ grade will be awarded.
- Maximum marks allotted for practical is 40 (Write up - 25; Record - 5; Assignment – 5 and Viva Voce – 5).
- If a student fails to write practical examination, `F’ grade will be awarded. The student has to appear for the reappearance examination.
iii)Final theory examination:
- The final theory examinations are conducted outside the working days of the semester.
- The final theory examinations are conducted for 40 marks.
- The preparation of question papers and evaluation of answer sheets of final theory examination will be done by the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
- The minimum grade point to be secured for getting pass in a course is 6.00.
- In order to register for the III year courses (V semester), the students should successfully complete all the registered I year courses.
- In order to register for final year courses (VII semester), the students should successfully complete all the registered second year courses.